Monday, June 20, 2011

Being Productive

There aren't ever enough hours to accomplish everything I hope to accomplish in each day.  I make breakfast each morning then clean up the kitchen. Take out the dogs and then go for my walk. I  then head up to my studio, which I am so thankful for the separate space to paint, my private space, my sanctuary.  First let me say that I have committed my life to making my family healthier and better prepared for longevity. People live longer but not always healthier, so by taking away a few nasties from our daily diets and timing what we eat I think we'll have a better chance at a quality old age. Yes, I have a birthday coming soon, but that's for another day. So - this morning when I fixed our usual fruit for breakfast, I realized I'd left some of the breakfast in my studio. I'm working on small paintings and today is paint the still life pear day. I'd taken the subject up yesterday to prepare for today's painting.  So the pear is started but not completed. Small paintings take me so much longer than colossal ones - why is that? Beats me. However, I did finish another 4x5 inches piece today. Spanish Moss is so amazing - sponging off the host like a family member visiting for their vacation, hanging around but idol and seemingly without an occupation. 

1 comment: